The Kingdom of Dathyn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying Morte Spiritus

2 posters

Go down

Buying Morte Spiritus Empty Buying Morte Spiritus

Post by Aurora Danaera Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Aurora shapeshifted easily into a tall, dark-haired woman with bloodred lips and heavily lidded black eyes. Sweeping a cloak around herself, she went into the shop.

It was a shop for not the most honest of sorts, but it was the shop where she would find what she needed.

"Hello," she said. "I need the Antidote to Morte Spiritus. And I'm sorry, but I need it now."
Aurora Danaera
Aurora Danaera
Admin
Admin

Gold Coins : 4648

https://thekingdomofdathyn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Buying Morte Spiritus Empty Re: Buying Morte Spiritus

Post by Rain Jisherby Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Rain heard noise outside her store room and looked up, grumbling in annoyance. She looked out of the small pothole-spyglass thing on the almost invisible door. It was a woman that she'd never seen before, so she would know who she was selling to. Damn. It could be anyone in Dathyn. She quickly murmured a masking spell, making it stronger than usual. She knew she'd regret it later because the magic would drain her too much, but she still needed the extra protection. She grabbed her cloak and customary cone-shaped hat and put them on before opening the door.

"I'm sorry, but we can't give it to you now," She said, keeping her voice unnaturally low to disguise it. If Rain had had time, she'd have made a potion to disguise her voice as well, but there had been no time. "The antidote needs time to brew properly, and as it is, I wasn't aware that someone would need it at this moment." The woman looked desperate, but Rain wasn't about to break her own rules and rush to some woman's help. She actually had bottles of potion spare, but she couldn't help just anyone, could she?
Rain Jisherby
Rain Jisherby

Gold Coins : 4563

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Danaera Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 pm

"How much do you want?" snapped Aurora. "I have money to pay, and I most definitely need it. I'll pay anything -- that is, any reasonable amount."
Aurora Danaera
Aurora Danaera
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Jisherby Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:06 pm

"I don't want your money," Rain hissed, growing annoyed. It wasn't a matter of money, but of breaking rules she'd set herself. She knew that one day she wouldn't be able to play double agent any longer for the Resistance, and needed to train herself to be heartless in her deeds. "why so desperate anyway? Is someone at instant death? Otherwise, you can wait a week like everybody else."
Rain Jisherby
Rain Jisherby

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Danaera Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:08 pm

"It's more like they'll die if I don't have the antidote right away," said Aurora, annoyed beyond belief. "Listen, I know that every wise potion-maker has extra potions. And I know that hardly anyone wants the antidote to Morte Spiritus. You know what Morte Spiritus does? It takes away your breath until you deliver the antidote. So I need it."
Aurora Danaera
Aurora Danaera
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Jisherby Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:12 pm

"Yes, I know. Do you think me such the fool I would not? I am a potion maker, of course I do." She said, glaring at the woman coldly. Under her cloak, her hands were clenching and unclenching uncertainly, wanting to get the bottle and give it to the woman for free, but she had to keep cold. "It wouldn't kill you to say 'please' either," She snapped.
Rain Jisherby
Rain Jisherby

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Danaera Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Aurora couldn't help but give a smile. "I'm sorry," she said sincerely. "I'm just...agitated and in a rush. Please, please, give me the antidote to Morte Spiritus. Please."
Aurora Danaera
Aurora Danaera
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Jisherby Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Rain closed her eyes and sighed. One more good deed and then she'd be done, she swore to herself. "Fine. I'll be back." Rain quickly ducked into the adjoining store room and snatched the bottle of clear liquid off the top shelf and handed it to the woman. "Have it. For free. Hope your friend can breathe soon enough. If they've had it in the last hour, if you hurry now, he'll still make it."
Rain Jisherby
Rain Jisherby

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Danaera Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 pm

"Thank you," Aurora said gratifyingly before tossing a bag of 30 gold coins onto the table. "And he's not my friend." Her mouth twisted. "I know that potions are hard to make, and that thirty gold coins will probably not cover it, but thank you. Thank you very, very much."

She bobbed a little half-curtsy before sweeping out of the shop.
Aurora Danaera
Aurora Danaera
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Jisherby Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Rain nodded curtly in thanks before collecting her payment. "Thank you," She said softly so she was sure the woman would not hear. "And you're welcome. I hope he still makes it, no one deserves to die like that," Not even the King. He deserved a much more painful death.
Rain Jisherby
Rain Jisherby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum