The Kingdom of Dathyn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open) Empty Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open)

Post by Khole Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Khole looked at some humans walking by, who was carefully treading the ground, looking for ghosts or whatever they think that makes this place scary. She smirked, as the two stared at shock at her tree.

"Oh, I would love to use some of tree wood to make something for my wife." A man muttered, walking close. Khole grew angry, and made a branch smack the man. Then she appeared by them, ghost like. "Go away. That tree is my haunting place." She whispered, and they ran like their butts was on fire. She smirked, and leaned against her tree.
Khole
Khole

Gold Coins : 4537

Back to top Go down

Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open) Empty Re: Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open)

Post by Lyra Daaé Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:46 pm

"I'm hiding a lot in forest places, aren't I?" Lyra muttered to herself as she walked, trying to make too much noise. It was approaching twilight, and the forest had never been spookier. Guaranteed, Lyra had never been here before, and the urban folk tales people told of this place was (admittedly) kind of scary, but if she wanted to hide, she couldn't be a scaredy cat. Fate being caught by the Dathyn ruling party was NOT pleasant, and she'd personally rather take the ghosties over torture, ah thankyouverymuch.

She stopped abruptly when she came to a large tree. A man was running away, arms above his head flailing, him screaming bloody murder. Does he want to get caught or something? Lyra hissed. She also spotted a semi-transparent girl leaning against said tree. Lyra's eyes popped out of her head. Really? A ghost? Wow!

Lyra walked up to the girl with her eyes wide. She'd never met a ghost or anything like the girl before. She didn't seem particularly scary, anyway. She hesitated for a moment before whispering (she didn't know why she was whispering. It seemed to fit the moment) "Hi."
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Gold Coins : 4553

Back to top Go down

Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open) Empty Re: Scaring people away isn't my thing (Open)

Post by Khole Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 am

She was smirking until a girl walked up to her. Defiantly human. She frowned at her. "Why whisper?" Her voice carried through the wind softly. She stood up straight. "And why say hi, to a lonely ghost girl?" She was smiling. She felt this girl was trustworthy. So she was scaring her off yet.
Khole
Khole

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Daaé Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm

"Well," Lyra said, analysing the situation. She then shrugged. "I don't know, really. It seemed like a good thing to say at the time, and usually back where I'm from, it's nice to say 'Hi' to people when you meet them." She smiled. "Whispering because it fit the moment as well. I'm -like the man- on the run too, I guess." Lyra played with a stray lock of hair. "I didn't want to make more noise than what was already nessassary, seeing as that man is making tons of noise already."
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khole Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 pm

She chuckled. "Aye, good idea." She gave a smile to the girl, and tilted her head. "What if I say, I am not a ghost." She walked slowly to her, and walked around her. Finally she stopped in front of her. "You ain't running yet, that's good. Scaring people away really isn't my thing but if it means my tree is safe, then I will." She paused and looked at the girl carefully. "I am Khole, a tree spirit. Not a ghost."
Khole
Khole

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Daaé Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:20 pm

"You're not," Lyra repeated, with a tinge of relief in her voice. She smiled slightly again. "And what if I said I wasn't completely human either?" What was she doing? She had vowed to herself she wouldn't tell anyone of her powers. She would keep safe that way. But somehow, Lyra seemed to find comfort in her new friend... were they friends yet? She decided they were kind of friends. "I'm a fae. But not really fae, though." She gave a sharp cackle. "And I have this weird... thing... with water. I don't really understand it."

She shook her head. "I've seen much worse. And if you're a tree spirit, then you're the first tree spirit I've ever met. So it's nice to have met you."

Last edited by Lyra Daaé on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khole Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 am

She widened her eyes. "Wow girly. A fae. Never met one, but saw them quite a few times." She smiled. Then curtsied. "Pleasure to met you." She flashed a grin. "So ye have a weird thing for water? Interesting." She frowned and cocked her head. "Can't help ya there. I rarely show myself to humans when they are not trying to attack my tree."
Khole
Khole

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Daaé Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 am

Lyra laughed. "Well, maybe you should show yourself more to humans if scaring them away is your goal. I think you did a great job on that guy just now," She smiled. "But then if you want to just make them go away, then maybe pinning up a sign that says 'go away' might help." She was letting her guard down and laughing for the first time in months. And it felt good. She frowned. "I can understand why humans would want to have your tree, seeing as I've lived among them for a while, now, but why take your tree? Better question: why this forest? Why not another?"
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khole Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:09 pm

She laughed. "Thanks. Hmm... maybe I should do that making it look like it was painted with blood." She grinned. Then smiled sadly. "It is a rare tree, the leaves are gold and the bark is white. It is unique." She stroked her tree as if it was a cat.
Khole
Khole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down