The Kingdom of Dathyn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN) Empty You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN)

Post by Lyra Daaé Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:23 pm

She'd have to camp here for now. The Gardens would have to do. As long as those blasted soldiers weren't chasing her anymore...

So these were the fabled Gardens that her parents had told her about. Well, it was the most peaceful place in Dathyn, that was sure. There were no guards around, so a good camping place. Lyra wanted to stay here forever; it was peaceful- a place to stop running finally, but she couldn't stop running. She had to do something. There was talk or war, and she wanted to get out of Dathyn as soon as humanely possible. Who in their right mind would want to stay in a war zone?

Lyra slumped against a tree, finally catching her breath. She dropped her torn knapsack on the dewy grass, and sat down beside it, using the tree as support for her back. She summoned some water from a nearby stream and held it in her hands, watching the silvery orb pulsing and floating several centimeters above her palm. It was soothing in a way, and Lyra soon found her pulse had calmed and she had stopped panting.
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Gold Coins : 4553

Back to top Go down

You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN) Empty Re: You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN)

Post by Alexandria Falls Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:20 pm

She was sitting on the ground behind a tree as she watched a young girl run in the gardens. She seemed to be running away from something, so she paid close attention to her. After finally deciding she was trustworthy, she asked for the earth to grow a apple tree beside her. As the tree grew, red delicious apples grew. "Go ahead and pick one." Her voice rang out. "You look like you need one."
Alexandria Falls
Alexandria Falls

Gold Coins : 4611

Back to top Go down

You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN) Empty Re: You can't possibly be serious. (OPEN)

Post by Lyra Daaé Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Lyra dropped the ball of water and scrambled to her feet. Her body tensed as she heard another voice behind her. She heard the water splash onto the ground and she cringed at the loss of perfectly good water. "Who's there?" She called, warily. "I'm a lot tougher than I look, don't you try anything." She scanned the forest landscape until her eyes settled on a woman sitting by a tree. Next to her, an apple tree was growing with what looked like ripe red apples. Her stomach growled, but her mind wasn't on food now. "You... you have them too?" She narrowed her eyes. "You can do strange things too? I'm not the one freak here?" Her eyes widened as she realized what she'd implied. "Not that you're a freak," She amended hastily. "I mean, the tree was kinda cool..."
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Falls Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 am

She chuckled, and walked out of her hiding spot. "Yes, you may be tough. But can you beat a Earth Elemental?" She asked. She plucked a apple, and bit into it. "Tell me what you can do darling." She leaned against the tree.
Alexandria Falls
Alexandria Falls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Daaé Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 am

"Elemental?" Lyra repeated. She'd heard of them once before only- though she wasn't meant to. Her parents had been talking about them once after they'd sent Lyra to bed already. They has said words about the elementals, how they would be in trouble should the King find out. Lyra has stood at the closed living room door for a good half hour to gather these minor facts: one, there were four of them total in Dathyn. Two, each one controlled an element; fire, water, earth and air. Three, the King absolutely hated them. Not a great thing, actually.

What did this lady mean, though? "Are you an elemental, then? You can control earth..." She frowned in concentration. "There are others, aren't there?" It wasn't a question, but a statement. "Air and fire... and if I'm..." Lyra furrowed her eyebrows. "I can do... things... with water. Bounce it, mold it, hold it without spilling a drop. I don't know," She twisted her fingers together in agitation.
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Falls Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:22 am

"Yes I can." As if on cue, a red rose started growing right by her feet. "I've met the fire one before here. Haven't met the wind one yet though." She sat down, and plucked a rose.

"Show me something with Water, I wanna see the extent of you controlling it." She gave a smile to the girl. It was sad that they had to live in this time period, where they had to hide their gifts.
Alexandria Falls
Alexandria Falls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Daaé Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:32 pm

"You've met fire before?" Lyra had to control the level of fear in her voice. Of course there was a fire one, how could she be so stupid? Well, then she'd have to pray on her luck that she'd never actually have to meet fire. Fire scared her very much. Lyra shrugged and looked down to the small stream trickling across the grass. "Well, I can do this," She summoned the water until it rose in small streams to curl around her hand and wrist in tendrils.
Lyra Daaé
Lyra Daaé
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandria Falls Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:45 pm

She nodded. She understood why she feared the Fire Girl. "Yes, Edana." She smiled fondly. She liked Edana. "She is not then enemy." She said gently. "At least, not for me. Soil is more rich after a fire, and a forest grows better." She wasn't helping, she saw. "But can't you put out fire?" She asked.

"Amazing." She grinned. "How far have you gone with your gifts?" Once she figured out her gift when she was around nine, she went to go do everything.

Alexandria Falls
Alexandria Falls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down